Saturday 18 September 2010

A letter to the future


I wrote this letter earlier this week. Posted it today.

I want to buy an EV (Electric Vehicle). I got this little plan.

EV for the city = no emissions - no parking costs - no car tax - no noise.

Hirecar for holidays & big trips = state of the art economy - no tax - no maintainence - no hassle.

I can charge my EV with renewable energy from Good Energy - bingo, but where will I park it to charge it? I live in a terraced house and there are too many cars on our street already.

I want my local council to tell me how they will facilitate this because it brings up loads on issues from public safety to my own parking bay. Not neighbour friendly but future friendly.

These issues are being resolved with charging points in car parks and at meters for city visitors - but what about in residential streets where houses are broken into 2/3 flats and everyone has a car - how is that going to work?

I'll update with responses.

Its more than a pipe dream - it's inevitable.
blog comments powered by Disqus